5 healthy tips to cook scallops without oil & butter
We all know that scallops have a smooth texture and contain numerous nutrients such as protein, omega-3 fatty acids ( healthy fat ), magnesium and minerals but to cook it with oil and butter may not good for your health.
In this article, we are going to share with you the useful tips and techniques to cook scallops without oil & butter but remain smooth texture, attractive tastes and full of nutrition.
Learn how to cook scallops with a perfectly golden brown crust by not using oil and butter, just like at the five stars restaurants! They’re incredibly simple to make at home and much cheaper than dining out. Just follow our recipes !
1. Poach scallops
To cook delicious and healthy scallops without oil & butter, you may following these poaching techniques :
1. Adding a flavored broth or liquid to a frying pan.
2. Boil the water with over medium heat.
3. Place the scallops into the pan so that they are fully covered with liquid ( Do not overcrowd the scallops ).
It will cause them to cook unevenly.
4. Reduce the heat to simmer and allow the scallops to poach for two to three minutes, or until done.
Scallops are finished completely when they are no longer translucent and have a milky opaque exterior.
Recommended ingredients :
2. Bake scallops without butter
To bake scallops without using oil & butter or unhealthy fat liquids, you may following these baking techniques :
1. Put scallops in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Cover the bottom of a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
3. Spray the foil with a non-fat cooking spray.
4. Place the scallops into the pan in a single, uncrowded layer.
5. Sprinkle with seasonings and herbs as desired and place the pan in the oven.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are white and slightly firm texture.
Roll the scallops in breadcrumbs before baking for adding flavor.
3. Sear scallops without Oil & butter
Sear scallops techniques without adding oil & butter :
1. Before searing put scallops outside and dry it with a paper towel.
2. Sprinkle the scallops with sea salt, black pepper and your favorite seasoning herbs.
3. Grab a skillet, preferably cast-iron pans. Cast iron pans are recommend for searing because they retain heat so well and preheat nicely.
Heat up the skillet until it’s really hot, and add some cooking spray.
4. Drop in your scallops, and make sure there are enough space in the pan so the scallops will not steaming each other.
5. Sear the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side. Then flip them over and sear an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
The scallops are done when they are browned on both sides and firm to the touch.
4. Steam scallops
Steaming scallops is the technique to keep scallops texture smooth.
You can follow the following techniques to keep scallops texture smooth and still remain full of nutrition.
1. Steam scallops by filling a large pot halfway with water, then bring the water to a boil over high heat.
2. Put the scallops into a steamer basket and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
3. Place the basket over the boiling water, do not allow water to touch the scallops.
4. Cover the pot to steam scallops for two to three minutes, or until done.
5. Grill scallops without butter
Grill scallops with butter is one of the most use technique but we are going to recommend you a new technique without using butter.
You can follow our grill techniques to grill scallops without using butter but still remain the outstanding smell and smooth texture :
1. Drying them well with paper towels.
2. Lightly sprinkle them with herbs, such as salt and pepper, then thread the scallops onto soaked wooden skewers.
3. Place the skewers onto a heated grill.
4.Flip them every minute, for a total of 5 to 6 minutes, until it is even cooking.
Cook scallops without using oil & butter will not affect much on losing smooth texture, attractive smell and tastes.
Furthermore, it’s also adding nutrients because there is no contain of unhealthy fats in the scallops.
You can keep the smooth texture by cooking with the different techniques that we mentioned above and the best alternative of oil & butter, we recommend you to use non-fat cooking spray.
If you want to add the attractive smell and outstanding tastes of scallops, you can do it by seasoning them with the different kinds of herbs